Monday, April 13, 2009

Contests

Last night the group had an Easter dinner with Jody, Megan's family visiting from California and Emily's family from North Carolina. With fourteen people, I'm pretty sure it was the largest Easter dinner I've ever been to. Megan's mom kindly offered to do most of the cooking and Diana and I made asparagus tart.

Unfortunately, we did not win The Washington Post's "Peeps Show" contest, nor were we finalists. They received 1,100 Peeps diaramas, but neglected to select the best one - ours. In light of the recent bicentennial of Darwin's birth, we illustrated the evolution of Peeps - "The Origin of SPEEPsies."
There were some very elaborate and artistic submissions. I'm glad the Post has found a use for those yucky bunny and chick shaped marshmallows. I don't think anyone really enjoys eating them anyway.

This afternoon we ate lunch at The National Press Club and heard IRS commissioner Douglas Shulman speak. The luncheon was broadcast live on CSPAN.

And going back to the topic of strange contests, I submitted a funny essay for a LensCrafters contest. If the judges like mine best I win a free pair of glasses!

No comments: